Thursday, October 15, 2020

TIPS FOR WHAT IT IS LIKE BEING IN HIGH SCHOOL! HOT TEA

                 Don't get me wrong high school going to be possibly one of the greatest 4 years of your life, but sis/bro it will not be like High School Musical.  Alexa play Mad at Disney by Salem Ilese. 



     1. JOIN ACTIVITETIES AND CLUBS 

                    I cannot stress this enough especially if you're going into High School not knowing anyone, joining clubs will be the easiest and most comfortable way to make some friends. There are like 100s of things you can join. Sports teams, fine arts, or even make a club yourself that is perfect for you. When you join a club  you will be less nervous than you are in class because you will be with more people like you.

                    When I joined Theatre my freshman year I was terrified, but as soon as I walked in there was another freshman and she was nervous too. Everyone was so nice to me and willing to teach me things that I didn't know. If you want to test me when I say that you will make friends, the freshman that was there with me has now my best friend for the past three years now.




 2.     DON'T SKIP SCHOOL EVENTS 

                I'm sure any High School advice video or article is going to tell you to go to the school events, but it's true. It might seem lame to be the peppy high school student, but to be honest, it's really not. Not participating in homecoming week is kind of boring and dull. Plus, going and participating will not do anything but add to your fun memories of your High School experience. 

                 During my freshman year, I went to the Homecoming dance with my friends and let me tell you, the music wasn't that good and a lot of people didn't come, but honestly, it was so fun and I made a lot of memories with my friends. I do plan on going to homecoming every year after that and every school event.


  3. IT'S OKAY TO LOSE FRIENDS

                When you enter high school you're going to find new things that you like and new friends, with that being said people are bound to drift apart. Now, I'm not saying that this will happened to everybody because that is not the case at all, but it will happen to some people. On the bright side, everything happens for a reason if you lose a friend, surely better ones will come.

                It happened to me. It was only my first few months and I had drifted away from the people I thought I would be friends with forever. On the other hand, I found a good amount of great friends that I know I can count on for anything. It might be hard to see now, but in the end, you'll be so happy.

                


4. FOCUS

          With all the new experiences that come with High School, it can be very distracting. Yes, go and do the fun things that you want and make mistakes, but still, focus on your work at the same time. Remember the reason why you are there and that and your future goals first. School isn't my favorite thing ever, but I know I have to finish to get where I want to be in life.

             I remember  when I started High School I was like "AYEE THIS IS FIRE!" I had got myself distracted from all the things that were most important. I slipped academically, I'M BACK ON TOP NOW, but it was hard to do the things that I already have to do (during sophomore year) plus making up for freshman year. It's easier to just do the things you have to do, so it won't be as hard or stressful.



5. YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES

               Name one person that has made it through high school without making any mistakes? No one. Not one person can say that they were perfect. You are going to have the test that you didn't pass, it happens to everyone and is perfectly normal. It doesn't make you different at all. In fact, you are just improving and going to push yourself to go harder.

                I can guarantee you that if I didn't make the mistakes I've made so far I wouldn't be as far as I am now. It's all just a learning process, it may not feel like now, but this is just a lesson that will ultimately make you stronger in the end. When you are older you will look back on all of this and it will all be funny. ''Bad decisions make funny stories."


             I hope you all love the advice I gave. I tried to give the best I could considering the fact that I am still a junior, but I'm sure I hit some of the important points though. Until next time I will see you all in the next blog.  


FOLLOW ME 

INSTAGRAM: @DailyDeeDeee & @Duh.deedee_

CONTACT ME

EMAIL: DailyDeeDeee@gmail.com

1 comment: